Normally we would like to do something like this more formally and at our Annual Conference, but alas Covid-19 had other plans for us this year. As we all try to figure out what the "new normal" is as it changes day-by-day we would like to take a few moments of your time to congratulate the recipients of the first ever Structural Engineers Association of Michigan Scholarhips.
One of the purposes of our organization is to promote structural engineering and assist in the development of the younger generations of future engineers. It is with our membership dues and event fees that providing scholarships is even possible. On behalf of the board and the scholarship recipients, we would like to say Thank You!
In no particular order, scholarship recipients are:
1) Alexis Willing, Lawrence Technological University, Civil Engineering
2) Andrew Webster, Michigan State University, Exploratory Engineering
3) Jordan Reinhardt, Lawrence Technological University, Architectural Engineering
4) Leanne Walters, Lawrence Technological University, Architectural Engineering
5) Thanina Makhlouf, University of Michigan, Civil Engineering
Congratulations to all recipients! On behalf of SEAMi, we wish you luck in your future endeavors!